



Jason came home about 4:00 and helped me clean up the house and get ready for the BBQ. I decided to throw a BBQ for Hallie's birthday because her favorite thing in the world is to jump on the trampoline and run around with the bigger kids. So she had a really great time. Our friends came over at 6:30 and we had a fun BBQ in honor of Hallie's second birthday.


I made all of Hallie's favorites: hot dogs, hamburgers, macaroni and cheese, watermelon, and guacamole. Our friends brought some other yummy stuff to add to a great dinner. For dessert we had brownie sundaes with caramel, hot fudge, strawberries, bananas, and oreo cookies on it. We put two candles into a piece of brownie for Hallie and sung to her. She did a great job blowing out the candles and got them out on her first try.


Hallie thought the sundaes were fabulous and managed to finish her whole brownie. She was quite pleased by all the attention and just sat in her high chair like the little princess that she is.



After dessert Hallie opened her presents.

Each of our friends brought a little something for her. All of the kids were pretty excited to see what she got, I think that Sage was most excited since she took over most of the gifts as soon as everyone left. Hallie got a Dora sprinkler system, a dora purse and stickers, two cute shirts, a baby doll and stroller, and a giant coloring book.
Our friends went home at 9:00 and Kim D. and I cleaned up for a while. Sage and Hallie colored a page out of her giant coloring book before they went to bed. I think that Hallie had a great day.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Hallie!
Sounds like you had a great day, and I'm glad your Mom didn't burn the house down! We can't wait to see you guys.
Happy Birthday to Hallie! As I was reading this, I was really getting into the brownie story and thought "wow, I can even smell the burning, I'm so into it". Then I realized that I had something in the oven burning. Duh.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HALLIE!!!! It sounds like everybody had a great day! Wish we were there!!!
Post a Comment